Is the second wave more serious than the first wave of the previous year?
- Fever, which is more severe, is often due to (altered) changes. It spreads very fast and in a few days, we have seen the effects on the whole family.
- We find that more children (0-18 years) in the state are affected, somewhat younger children are serious
How do I treat Corona in my child?
- No drugs, pills, injections to prevent corona in any person. Care should be taken only to take strict care of hand washing, proper mask, and social distance.
- Do not participate in public activities, avoid social gatherings, and avoid group events.
- This is the only way to prevent corona in the home when you are a child. Vaccination against the most high-risk to low-risk groups Will be taken.
- According to available statistics, we assumed that children are currently in the lowest risk group for corona.
How do we know if a child has a corona fever?
- For sometimes even for doctors it is difficult to know the difference, that is why every fever in the early days should be considered a corona until the corona is diagnosed.
- Caution must be exercised. . / Isolation must be followed.
What are the common symptoms of corona infection in children?
- Mild cough, fever and body aches are common symptoms of corona. In the second wave. Other reported symptoms include abdominal pain, diarrhoea and vomiting are also present in children.
When should a child’s corona be tested?
- If a family member has been diagnosed with corona.
- if the child has symptoms of the disease.
- If fever persists for more than three days
What exam should we take?
- RTPCR for Covid 19 establishes high sensitivity.
- Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) is another option
- RTPCR are now available at work centres.
- Chest CT scan can be done only if your doctor recommends it,
Various domestic conditions?
- Corona with mother and child: If the mother is very ill and not hospitalized, the child is with the mother. Continue breastfeeding
- Mother’s Corona test is Positive and Child is Negative: If there is no good option for the child
- The mother can take care of the child. SMS methods should be adopted by mother- Sensitization, Mask, Social distance
- Do not allow children with suspicious circumstances to leave their grandparents behind to the elderly. There is a high risk of serious disease unless the child’s corona condition is confirmed until then, the child should be left to his grandparents.
Is it necessary for children to wear masks?
- Wear masks should be worn by children over 2 years of age.
- Children under 2 years of age are not required to wear the mask for safety reasons.
Is children appears to be serious due to corona?
- In the second wave, children appear to be seriously ill.
- About 60%-70% of infected children have no symptoms. Approximately 1-2% of surviving children need ICU treatment.
How to take care of my Covid Positive Child?
- It is better to take a teleconsultation from your doctor instead of taking your child to the hospital. This activity will prevent the spread of the disease to others.
- If the condition is serious, the child should be taken to a doctor.
Do I have to do household chores for my son?
- If temperature and pulse oximeters are available at home then check and record every six hourly.
- If fever is above 100 F give paracetamol 10-15 mg / per kg,
- Give plenty of thin foods, Give soft food, Nutritious food support,
- Keep clean, In order to increase overall health and disease healing, a person should give Vitamin C, Zinc.
Azithromycin, doxycycline, HCQ work?
- There is no scientific evidence that when adults are in critical condition, some of these are used. Medicines have no role in home remedies
When do I consider my child illness serious?
- The following five goals need to be examined:
- Fever for more than four days or more than five days.
- The child eats less, drink less milk.
- The child becomes lethargic.
- Respiratory rate is increasing.
- Oxygen levels drop below 95% at home.
- In such a situation, you should run for the care of your child.
Can my child continue his / her usual steroid treatment / other treatment for acute illness?
- No need for changing most treatments for pre-existing diseases until your child has a serious illness. We have already mentioned that in such children, take precautionary care through SMS- Sanitization, Mask, Social Distance.
- It is also important to take extra precautions at home to avoid contamination.
- In case of contact with such a child, consult your doctor for appropriate advice on ongoing treatment.
We heard about steroids, favipiravir, Remdesivir etc. When to use?
- These medicines is used so far more common in critically ill patients and are more common in critically ill patients.
- children with Covid positive have almost never been needed.
If a mother is breastfeeding her baby, can she get the Covid vaccine?
- Pregnant and lactating women are not vaccinated as per the current guidelines.